Date(s) - November 10, 2016
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The American Geophysical Union (AGU) and Dupont Circle Advisory Neighborhood Commission 2B invite you to a community meeting to learn about design updates and to share a tentative construction timeline for the renovation of the AGU headquarters building.
Earlier this spring, the project team worked to address design concerns raised by the community. The latest design includes:
- A lowered solar photovoltaic array
- Improved streetscape design
- A more accessible public plaza
- Enlarged windows on the ground floor to make the new exhibit space more visible and inviting
- Adjustments to the window design for the rest of the building in an effort to maintain some of the existing character
As the project nears final approval from AGU’s Board of Directors, please join ANC representatives, AGU leadership and project team members for an informational update about the project, what it will mean for the neighborhood during and after construction, the city and how this project could set a new national standard in environmental building practices.
Light refreshments will be served.
Thank you for your continued support!