On Saturday, 11 July, 20th Street will be closed to vehicle traffic and partially closed to pedestrian traffic between S Street and Florida Avenue NW from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. A mobile crane will be used to place materials on the roof necessary for installing AGU’s array of solar panels. Our roof, when completed, will help us save energy by generating power to use for everything from lights to computers to workstations and building systems.
Please be aware of the following details of the work:
- Parking on both sides of 20th Street will be restricted beginning at 5 a.m. on 11 July.
- The sidewalk will be closed in front of the AGU building only.
- 20th Street will not be accessible by vehicles between S Street and Florida Avenue NW.
- Vehicular traffic will use 19th Street as a signed detour.
- Entrances to apartment buildings opposite the AGU building on 20th Street will not be impacted during this time.
- Glen’s Garden Market on 20th Street will be open and accessible during their normal business hours.
As construction continues, we will work with the project team to keep the community informed of any future closures.
Our priority throughout construction is to be a good neighbor. If you have questions, please contact [email protected].
For emergency concerns regarding the site, please contact:
Bruce Overbay, HITT superintendent, at [email protected]; or
Todd Daniel, HITT project manager, at [email protected].
Thank you for your continued support!