On Saturday, September 8, 20th Street will be closed from S Street NW to Florida Avenue NW from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. A mobile crane will be used to place materials on the roof necessary for completing construction of the solar panel array.
Please be aware of the following details of the work:
- Parking on 20th Street will be restricted 3 hours in advance on both sides of the street (starting at 4 a.m.)
- The sidewalk will be closed in front of the AGU building only;
- 20th Street will not be accessible by vehicles between S Street and Florida Avenue, except for local traffic, which will have access to the 20th Street alley via S Street and 19th Street; and
- Normal vehicular traffic will use 19th Street as a signed detour.
- Entrances to apartment buildings opposite the AGU building on 20th Street will not be impacted during this time.
- Glen’s Garden Market on 20th Street will be open during their normal business hours and accessible by foot during this period of work.
As construction continues we will work with the project team to keep the community informed of any future closures.
Our priority throughout construction is to be a good neighbor. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For emergency concerns regarding the site, please contact:
- Rich Hillringhouse, Skanska Sr. Superintendent, at email@example.com or 202-391-2717;
- Brian Mukolwe, Skanska project manager, at 301-651-7370; or please dial 301-795-3100
You can also follow our progress at building.agu.org.
Thank you for your continued support!