On Saturday, June 16, 20th Street will be closed from S Street NW to Florida Avenue NW from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. A mobile crane will be used to place materials on the roof necessary for completing construction.
Please be aware of the following details of the work:
- Parking on 20th Street will be restricted 3 hours in advance on both sides of the street (starting at 4 a.m.)
- The sidewalk will be closed in front of the AGU building only;
- 20th Street will not be accessible by vehicles between S Street and Florida Avenue, except for local traffic, which will have access to the 20th Street alley via S Street and 19th Street; and
- Normal vehicular traffic will use 19th Street as a signed detour.
- Entrances to apartment buildings opposite the AGU building on 20th Street will not be impacted during this time.
- Glen’s Garden Market on 20th Street will be open during their normal business hours and accessible by foot during this period of work.
Our priority throughout construction is to be a good neighbor. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
For emergency concerns regarding the site, please contact:
- Jim Herdman, Skanska superintendent, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-393-1928;
- Brian Mukolwe, Skanska project manager, at 301-651-7370; or please dial 301-795-3100
You can also follow our progress at building.agu.org.
Thank you for your continued support!