Beginning on or around Saturday, January 27 a tower crane will be erected and placed within the sidewalk closure along the AGU side of Florida Avenue. The tower crane is needed to install the structural steel that, among many other things, supports the solar photovoltaic (PV) array – a key component in energy recovery.
Please be aware of the following details of the work:
- The community will now see a tower crane on the AGU side of Florida Avenue within the sidewalk closure for approximately two (2) months.
- During erection of the crane, there may be some temporary disruption of traffic on Florida Avenue. Should there be disruptions to traffic, we will follow up with another community update email including more traffic information closer to the start of this work.
- The expected hours of work are 7a.m. to 7p.m.
- Every business on Florida Avenue will still be accessible and will be open for business during normal business hours.
- It is anticipated the crane placement will not directly impact 20th Street. We will work with the project team to provide updates, as necessary.
Additionally, this Friday, January 19, stairs for the inside of the building will be brought in with the use of a mobile crane. The community will see this crane at the corner of Florida Avenue and 20th street, within construction fencing, for one day of work. No disruptions to traffic or the community are anticipated.
As we push towards the completion of this project work on Saturdays is anticipated throughout the remainder of the project during designated work hours to ensure we keep on schedule. Please be aware that there may be elevated noise levels related to work on Saturdays, though the project team will do its best to keep this to a minimum.
Our priority throughout construction is to be a good neighbor. If you have questions, please contact [email protected]
For emergency concerns regarding the site, please contact:
- Jim Herdman, Skanska superintendent, at [email protected] or 240-393-1928;
- Brian Mukolwe, Skanska project manager, at 301-651-7370; or please dial 301-795-3100.
You can also follow our progress at building.agu.org.
Thank you for your continued support!