Beginning on/around the latter part of the week of September 4, the project team will begin work on the sewer located beneath Florida Avenue. This will be Phase 1 of the process of installing the wet well near the AGU plaza/prow.
The work will require the project team to take up the metered parking spots that line the AGU building-side of Florida Avenue. The wet well work is related to the municipal sewer heat exchange—a key energy recovery best practice included in the design of this project. When complete, the sewer heat exchange will recover thermal energy from wastewater running through the sewer line beneath Florida Avenue.
Please be aware of the following details of the work and related parking lane closure:
- Seven (7) parking spots, that line the AGU building on Florida Avenue, will not be available for use beginning on / around the week of September 4.
- This work and related parking spot closures will continue for 28 days from the start of work.
- The sidewalk on the building side of Florida Avenue will be open for pedestrian use throughout the 28-day period of work.
- Every business along Florida Avenue and 20th Street will still be accessible and will be open for business.
Our priority throughout construction is to be a good neighbor. If you have questions, please contact [email protected].
For emergency concerns regarding the site, please contact:
- Jim Herdman, Skanska superintendent, at [email protected] or 240-393-1928;
- Brian Mukolwe, Skanska project manager, at 301-651-7370; or please dial 301-795-3100.
You can also follow our progress at building.agu.org.
Thank you for your continued support!