The construction team will be setting up a mobile crane on the Florida Avenue sidewalk at the front entrance of the AGU building. This mobile crane will be used to stage construction equipment on the AGU roof. Pending permit approval, this work, which is only expected to take half a day, will be completed either this Saturday, August 5 or next Saturday, August 12.
In an effort to keep the community informed, please be aware of some details of the work and related sidewalk closure:
- During this work, the Florida Avenue sidewalk on the AGU side will be closed to pedestrians for half a day beginning at 7a.m. on either Saturday, August 5 or Saturday, August 12 as a safety precaution.
- Due to sidewalk closures, pedestrians will need to safely cross Florida Avenue at the crosswalk where it intersects with Connecticut Avenue to access the sidewalk on the opposite side of the street.
- The expected hours of work are 7a.m. to 1p.m.
- Every business on Florida Avenue will still be accessible and will be open for business.
Our priority throughout construction is to be a good neighbor. If you have questions, please contact [email protected]
For emergency concerns regarding the site, please contact:
- Jim Herdman, Skanska superintendent, at [email protected] or 240-393-1928;
- Brian Mukolwe, Skanska project manager, at 301-651-7370; or please dial 301-795-3100.
You can also follow our progress at building.agu.org.
Thank you for your continued support!