Exterior Work Begins
The construction team will begin the removal of the glass at the prow starting Saturday, June 10 between the hours of 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM.
- The work will begin on the top level and move down over the next few weeks.
- The construction team will remove the glazing within the building, using the internal stairwells to get materials to the loading dock area where it will be stocked and stored.
Demolition of the existing brick openings will resume on Monday, June 12 at 7:00 AM. There are some details of the work that we want to make the community aware of:
- After work on the prow, the construction team will transition to the demolition of the brick at the loading dock area and then the ground level windows on Florida Ave.
- Masonry work will be performed daily at normal working hours, weather permitting for an overall duration of approximately 25-days.
- There will be saw-cutting and chipping required.
Demolition of the Penthouse/Roof Level is also expected to begin on or around June 19, and will last 3-4 weeks. This work includes removal of the brick and roof ballasts. The entire roof demolition will go on through mid to end of August.
Our priority throughout construction is to be a good neighbor. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
For emergency concerns regarding the site, please contact:
- Jim Herdman, Skanska superintendent, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-393-1928;
- Brian Mukolwe, Skanska project manager, at 301-651-7370;
- or please dial 301-795-3100.
You can also follow our progress at building.agu.org.
Thank you for your continued support!